Thursday, August 03, 2006

Arc-170 construction process - Step1

I had decided to write down the construction process for the little Arc-170 seen in Revenge of the sith. I built that ship back in 2005 for a Starshipmoder.com contest.

At the time, meaning 2 months before the opening of the last star wars movie. Mostly all pictures on the net were controlled badly, so the only reference I had was some 3 views pics of the Hasbro toy. And when you scratchbuild something, the more pictures you have, the easier the construction will be.

Each measures was calculated from the pictures I had, I then tried to draw a small fabrication drawing, as seen on the Fig A pic. That drawing enable me to identify all parts to be cut. Fig A shows mostly all needed parts to build the craft.
See you at Step 2

No comments: